Delicious Fairy Cakes are light and fluffy, great for children and adults...
100g (4oz) soft margarine
100g (4oz) caster sugar
100g (4oz) self-raising flour
150g (6oz) icing sugar
75g (3oz) margarine
- Pre-heat oven to gas5, 190'C
- Put cake cases into a cake tin holder
- Cream the margarine and caster sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat eggs in a separate container and add little at a time to the margarine and sugar mixture and mix carefully
- Mix in vanilla essence
- Add flour and fold the mixture together to add and keep the air bubbles
- Spoon the mixture into the cake cases - be careful not to over fill!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch
- Let the cakes cool before putting them on a cooling tray
- Clean up the dirty equipment whilst waiting for the cakes to cool!
- Make butter cream by mixing butter and icing sugar together
- When the cakes are cool, cut out the top and cut it in half. Spoon the butter cream into the hole and put the two (2) halves up like a fairy's wings
- If you have a lid for your vanilla essence, add 1-2 full lids of vanilla essence to the mixture to get the perfect flavour!
- Only fill your cases to 1/2 or 3/4 to leave room to grow, and not over-spill
- Cut the top off and cut the 'lid' you made in half again. Fill the hole you made with icing or butter cream and place the 2 halves of the 'lid' at an angle into the butter cream/ icing to make it look like fairy's wings!